- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – United States only (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $135 – $170/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long-term
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role.
As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST.
So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network.
Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We’ve onboarded some of the world’s most reputable brands and now we need a Sr Software Engineer (Cloud/DB/Streaming) for one of our clients.
This position will require a Glider.
ai online technical assessment (Approx.
• Expert in cloud technologies and databases and working with highly available, scalable, performant distributed systems.
• Expert level in JVM technologies, with experience in Kotlin or functional programming in an equivalent language a strong plus• Competence in SQL and NoSQL data stores• Demonstrated understanding of cloud services
What you’ll do:
• You’ll own the end-to-end product life cycle for mid to large size projects: Design, development, testing, deployment, and providing operational excellence and support• You’ll find and advocate for industry standards in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies• You’ll contribute to advancing the team’s design methodology and quality programming practices and mentor junior team members to embrace team standards• Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems and prototype creative solutions to enable product MVP’s• Independently understand scheduling, cost constraints, and impact to other teams; and make resource and architectural trade-offs based on those factors• Anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks, before they occur, and present technical issues and their impact on leadership• Lead and collaborate on multiple concurrent and complex cross-organizational initiatives• Effectively build and maintain a network of key contacts across the company, and utilize these contacts to achieve results• Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed multi-functional teams• Drive for continuous improvement in software and development processes within an agile development team• Mentor junior team members
Who you are:
• Expert level in JVM technologies, with experience in Kotlin or functional programming in an equivalent language a strong plus• Competence in SQL and NoSQL data stores• Demonstrated understanding of cloud services• Demonstrated proficiency in most areas of the professional function, and in-depth specialization in some• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms• Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely• Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices• Experience in the field of Software Engineering at the expert level• Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical field; or equivalent related professional experience
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff.
We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform.
If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency.
But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.