We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a tier 1 target on the internet. Given breaches are the number one cause of death amongst digital currency companies, security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale. As a Security Engineer Lead, you will be responsible for building and managing the security controls leveraged by Coinbase Custody. You will develop and foster partnerships with key business groups to ensure that we’re delivering the right tools and services to the right people at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain security controls for the Custody organization, including software based tooling.
- Partner with the product teams on security-critical projects.
- Inspire, grow, and manage technical talent while providing vision and setting technical direction for the team
- Developing measurable metrics to show growth in capabilities.
- Manage security services such as threat modeling, pen testing, and detection and response on an as needed basis.
What we look for in you:
- 8+ years of experience
- Experience overseeing an engineering and/or security engineering team for an organization
- Solid foundation in security topics such as Cryptography, Authentication/Authorization, etc.
- Experience in analyzing systems and identifying security problems, threat modeling, code auditing, data security, and design and security reviews.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance frameworks such as NIST.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry.
- Experience in securing Digital Assets.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $201,450 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.