JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay 120 – $150 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week – Long Term, Full time | 40 hrs/wk
The Service Integration team serves the data needs of various other service engineering teams which build applications on top of the APIs provided by the team. The team works with external teams like Order Systems, Sales, Storefront, Suppliers, Supply Chain, Transportation etc., to integrate their data and events for service engineering consumption. The work done by this team impacts all the service post order customer journey as well the service platform teams. Its mission is to provide a unified platform for Service Eng data requirements ensuring performant and consistent distributed data access.
The projects that our teams work on are built from the ground up – we look for entrepreneurial individuals who want to take ownership over their own agenda and thrive in a collaborative team environment. The team works on distributed async event streams based architecture, owns designing event contracts between various systems, translating data available through various external APIs into a unified GraphQL schema and interesting problems related to GraphQL federation.
What You’ll Do
- Provide high-quality contributions to the code base, with a mind to best practices and an equally high degree of autonomy.
- Work with senior leadership to architect solutions and ensure that we deliver the right functionality, in a timely manner.
- Mentor junior engineers to develop the next generation of Wayfair engineering talent.
- Handle ambiguity with limited oversight; leverage technical acumen, experience, and network to answer questions and remove roadblocks.
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various trade-offs including speed to delivery vs. ongoing maintainability and others.
- Collaborate well with senior management, product managers, and all other stakeholders.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of experience as a full-stack, full lifecycle software engineer and a deep understanding of a modern programming language (such as, Java, PHP, GraphQL, C#, or others)
- Passion for leading a large, cross-cutting technical initiative to delivery, cross-functional consensus building, and influencing design decisions
- Ample experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
- Experience mentoring engineers and leading code reviews
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques with minimal guidance
- Experience in building and working with APIs/Restful services
- Working knowledge of large scale distributed systems and streaming platforms is a plus
- Experience working with Docker Containers and Kubernetes is plus
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.