- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – United States only
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $120 – $150/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week – long-term, ongoing project
What you’ll be working on
As the Staff Engineer you will be responsible for architecture, execution and evolution of this platform.
Your work will impact thousands of SSCs, and in turn, millions of customers.
As a result, you will have a tremendous opportunity to impact the bottomline of the business.
You will have the opportunity to dive deep into the technical details of the platform while simultaneously defining and communicating the front-line vision as a key leader within our client’s organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead architectural design and development of new agent-facing applications using client-side technologies (e.
, React, Redux/Apollo state management, Webpack, HTML5, CSS3, Less/Sass), server-side languages (e.
g, PHP, Java), and infrastructure technologies (e.
, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, MSSQL, Aerospike, Solr, BuildKite, DataDog).
- Build and consume RESTful APIs and GraphQL APIs, and work with relational and non-relational databases.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams such as other engineering and product teams, UI/UX designers, internal stakeholders, and other core areas of the business to envision the next generation end-to-end agent workflows.
- Lead technical projects that span multiple sprint lines and multiple quarters.
- Advise teams about implementation best practices, mentor colleagues, and provide high quality code reviews.
- Propose and own initiatives to completion, while balancing various technical trade offs including speed to delivery vs ongoing maintainability and others.
- Collaborate with Design Leads and Product Managers to turn wireframes and mockups into responsive, engaging, and intuitive user experiences.
What You Will Need:
- 7+ years of software development experience.
, React, Ember, Angular, Vue).
GraphQL federation and gateways experience a plus.
- Strong demonstrable background in architecting, documenting and rolling out front end reusable components, ideally in a large organisation.
- A passion for UI, UX, and Design Systems and working with designers to create engaging and intuitive experiences across devices.
- Track record of successfully delivering strong business outcomes.
- Experience making architectural and design-related decisions for large applications, and understanding the tradeoffs between time-to-market vs.
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features.
- Passion for mentoring and leading peer engineers.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff.
We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform.
If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency.
But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.