Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers, and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application, or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a Staff Quantitative Developer to optimize the way Ripple interacts with digital asset markets. You will partner closely with our Product, Trading Platform, and Institutional Markets teams to help Ripple understand the dynamics of FX + crypto markets based on data. You will also work alongside Applied Scientists to integrate liquidity strategies into our trading platform, and build the backtesting tools to optimize them. You will be a source for knowledge about financial markets, helping to level-up teammates with a wide range of experiences.
You will apply your quantitative finance knowledge to enhance Ripple’s understanding of crypto markets. You will contribute and maintain production code, raising the bar for Engineering standards to compliment your quantitative finance SME. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated technical excellence in designing, building, and delivering reliable markets tools and analysis, based on a deep understanding of FX and crypto market structure. You can clearly identify feature requirements, even when problem statements are ambiguous. You are able to communicate cross-functionally to drive alignment and analyze how markets will adapt to leverage paradigm-shifting technology.
What you’ll do…
- Conduct analysis suggesting optimal ways to operate in crypto markets and prove it out with data
- Build end-to-end applications that analyze market risk and monitor liquidity, and in real-time
- Own Ripple’s market data consumption needs, partnering with trading platform teams to build a best-in-class Market Data Database and the pipelines to ensure fellow Liquidity Engineering team members get the most out of it
- Connect Markets and Engineering — identify the problems most worth solving, design their technical solutions, and deliver those solutions with the highest level of operational excellence
What we’re looking for…
- 9+ years experience developing market data analytics and trading data tools in markets, ideally in traditional FX and digital assets
- Experience with Java and/or Python, as well as cloud platforms
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes or other containerization tools ideal
- Familiarity with traditional macro / FX market structure and liquidity landscape
- A collaborative coder, comfortable with Git
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally
What we offer…
- Opportunity to join the Web3 and contribute to industry-leading enterprise blockchain solutions
- Flexible-first environment—return to the office only when you’d like!
- An environment that fosters exploring new technologies, autonomy, and technical excellence
- An opportunity to provide subject matter expertise as the most senior person in this functional role
- Startup team responsible for development a first-generation machine learning platform that optimizes supply and demand of crypto liquidity
- AMA-style weekly company meetings with leadership covering anything that’s top of mind
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies, generous wellness reimbursement, WFH stipend, and professional development stipend
- Employee giving donation match