About the Filecoin Foundation (FF) is an independent organization that facilitates governance of the Filecoin network, funds critical development projects, supports the growth of the Filecoin ecosystem, and advocates for Filecoin and the decentralized web.
In 2017, the creators of Filecoin envisioned that an independent Filecoin Foundation would serve as the long-term governance body for the Filecoin Ecosystem.
They gave the Foundation the mandate to “grow an open ecosystem for decentralized storage” and to “give developers an open and sustainable platform to build, enhance and monetize those services.
” They wanted the Foundation to be modeled on Foundations for other open source projects like the Apache Software Foundation, the Mozilla Foundation and the Linux Foundation.
The Filecoin Foundation operates independently of Protocol Labs, the organization that designed and built the Filecoin network.
As a member of our early-stage team, you will have the opportunity to help define our growth as the organization scales.
This is a full-time position, remote from anywhere in the world.
Job DescriptionFilecoin Foundation is looking for a professional program manager to develop and manage projects with our Governance team.
Part developer advocate and part contract manager, the ideal candidate for this role knows what questions to ask to help keep project partners moving forward.
The program manager can dive in to solve problems that our developers may encounter and guide them as they work on our shared goals.
This role will vary from day to day, and will include scoping technical projects, making decisions about project value and relevance, assessing technical risk and feasibility, and checking in with our contract partners to determine if they are meeting project milestones.
This role is highly technical, and requires engineering and architecture knowledge.
Our team is diverse and interdisciplinary, and we welcome your interesting, non-traditional, and/or early career experiences.
- Technical scoping of incoming and ongoing projects within the Filecoin ecosystem
- Provide guidance and technical support for contracts
- Efficiently lead and deliver on cross-functional projects within the Filecoin ecosystem
- Lead milestone reviews and present status of projects to the governance and executive teamsIdentify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels within projects on an ongoing basis
- Drive goal setting with project partners, assisting in prioritization and work coordination to ensure milestones are metInteract with multiple Web3 and research projects to define and deliver on complex projects
- Drive team decision making on technical projects, and ensure that appropriate resources are deploying to deliver results within contracts
- Identify opportunities for improving coordination and collaboration in a complex, open-source ecosystem
- Work with various stakeholders to align on and implement best practices in internal communication, technical project planning, and general project management
- Leadership experience managing complex stakeholder projects and sensitive partnerships
- Experience in technical contracting, including: Using technical knowledge to anticipate needs, identify opportunities, and direct attention to areas of technical improvement
- Ability to collaborate with project teams in defining a detailed technical scope-of-work
- Intuition for the amount of time, labor, and expertise required for technical projects, depending on SoW
- Ability to ask questions, propose alternatives, and investigate hypotheticals during the planning phase of a new project
- Comfort making decisions about risks, needs, and requirements, as well as communicating these decisions to both executive stakeholders and project teams
- Managing contracts through to completion, handling all administrative and other tasks necessary to ensure projects are well staffed, on-track, and open sourced
- Ability to bring a solutions-oriented mindset to problems that may arise: you know when to pull in additional expertise, when to flag emerging risks, and are comfortable adjusting and communicating changing expectations
- Hyper detail-oriented, extremely organized, and pride yourself on your ability to structure large, ambiguous systems into sensible, tractable ones
- Previous product management or program management experience, particularly in Agile environments
- Comfort interacting with the public, able to build relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders, and ability for conflict resolution
- Able to execute on the details while managing the big picture
- Comfortable managing different “depths” of work simultaneously
- Ability to balance interests of many activities with good communication and listening skills, with the ability to teach others
- You relish coordinating workflows across different teams inside multiple organizations
- Passion for decentralization, information access, and solving complex web3 issues
- Experience in C++, Rust, Go, or other low-level developer languages
- Degree in computer science, network architecture, engineering, or other technical field; alternatively a deep and provable familiarity with these topics
- Product management with crypto projects or networks, or deep knowledge about the web3 tech stack and low-layer protocols
- Experience working with and/or contributing to open-source software projects
- Are self-taught in some field, and consider yourself a voracious learner
- Experience managing technical software products from conception to launch.
Listed in: , , , , , , , , , , , .