As Token Economist, you will lead the design and implementation of the Co:Create governance token, as well as create fungible token templates that will be used by our NFT project partners.
This role is meant for someone who desires to have significant ownership and meaningful impact within the web3 ecosystem.
You’ll get to
- Design and implement Co:Create’s token economics.
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for Co:Create’s token economy.
- Produce tokenomic templates & strategies for Co:Create’s partners’ fungible tokens.
- Work with the business development team in partner negotiations and project evaluations, by providing tokenomics guidance.
- Build dashboards with those KPIs for Co:Create and each partner, to monitor token economy health & liquidity.
- Actively research and watch closely for emergent tokenomic models to keep at the forefront of tokenomics in web3.
- Want more information, check out the
Who we are looking for
- An advanced degree or equivalent in economics, computer science, math, or other quantitative discipline is required.
- 4+ years of experience developing financial modeling of complex systems.
- Working knowledge of common financial models including modern portfolio theory, generalized hyperbolic distributions and their subclasses, bonding curves, etc.
- Understanding and experience of application of market design, mechanism design and token design concepts.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication and a track record influencing technical and non-technical staff.
- Fluency in Excel
- Experience in business strategy
- Extensive interest and exposure to Web3, including smart contracts, NFTs, DAOs, tokens, blockchains, and crypto as a whole.
- Experience with statistical modeling
- Fluency with common statistical tools such as Python, R, Mathematica, Wolfram Alpha, etc.
Salary & compensation
- Competitive salary, as well as lucrative equity and tokenomics incentives.
Curious what that means? Learn more about .
- Annual salary: $184,000 – $269,019
- Equity Compensation: 0.
074% – 0.
Benefits & perks
- Fully remote team (US time zones preferred)
- Team offsites quarterly at locations across the country
- Health insurance
- HSA, FSA, Long term disability, Short term disability, and life insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Unlimited vacation & paid time off
- $325/month in “get what you need” funds
- $2500 in “get what you need to get started” funds
- A NFT Starter Pack, including money to grow your NFT collection
- Hate Monday meetings? so do we! We have a strong “no meetings” policy on Mondays.
While we are a fully remote company, we still value culture and work to create a space where every team member understands the “why” behind our mission.
As an early stage company that values innovation, we are highly transparent and flat in our org structure.
- We care personally, and challenge directly: We know and care about each other.
We challenge each other to be better.
We don’t care about being right, but getting it right.
- We build on our strengths: We each have superpowers and we strive to create an environment where individuals are able to do what they do best.
- We act!: We make informed, bold decisions, using data when possible.
- Community first: If our community isn’t winning, neither are we.
- We’re curious: We seek to understand.
We stretch beyond our personal areas of expertise.
We learn as much as we can in a rapidly evolving space.
- We are optimistic, but realistic: We know we will be successful, but have a healthy respect for the challenges we have to overcome.
The Co:Create protocol is the first endeavor from Gesso Labs, a team of web3 entrepreneurs, engineers, artists, and operators.
Gesso, (pronounced “Jesso”, the Italian word for chalk) is a primer applied to blank canvases that serves as the foundational layer all other paints adhere to.
Our name speaks to what we aim to deliver: tooling and infrastructure that empowers creators to realize the promises of web3 – dynamic, decentralized experiences that benefit all participants.
We are backed by some of the best projects and technical minds in the space and we’re excited to have many of these partners along for the ride as investors, advisors and future users of the protocol.
We are a woman-led company and believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Candidates of all protected classes are encouraged to apply and we offer equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.