- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- Location: EUROPE– Remote – (Time Zone: CET/WAT | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $50 – $80/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role.
As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST.
So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network.
Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We’ve onboarded some of the world’s most reputable brands and now we need a
for one of our clients.
Our client is seeking a mid/senior Rust Engineer to work with their team to build open-source developer infrastructure and tooling for non-EVM blockchains (such as Algorand, Cardano, and more).
These tools will both be integrated into their core products and also openly shared with the blockchain community.
Their team of experts will help make sure the tools you make will have a big impact, as well as manage grant funding, marketing, community management, and all other non-programming-related tasks that would otherwise distract you from creating the best tool available.
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer.
- At least 2 years of programming experience with Rust.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages, including, but not limited to: (C, C++, Java, Go)
- Knowledge about blockchain fundamentals, cryptography, P2P Networks, and DeFi.
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of how blockchain architecture, private keys, and standards protocols work
- In-depth understanding of Web3 dynamics and inner workings
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Experience in working with Algorand blockchain infrastructure is a big plus.
CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENTS OF WORKING WITH OUR CLIENT:
Our client have several legal requirements that need to be met prior to accepting any candidate, this means they can enter the process, but starting date can be only confirmed if:
● Legal address (permanent residence, temporary residence, address of freelance license, address of ltd) must be out of Russia and any other country on the sanction list
● Candidate must have either a freelance license or working permitin the country that is not on the sanction lists
● Banking account in a country that is not on the sanction list.
● The closer to CET working hours, the better.
Requirement of joining team meetings in CET working hours.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff.
We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform.
If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency.
But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.