Who You Are:
Galaxy Digital is seeking a highly skilled, experienced hands-on Valuation Specialist to join our rapidly growing organization. You will need to be able to function in an environment that is rapidly growing and constantly changing. A desire to dig into the details and roll up your sleeves is required, but you will also be expected to present to senior management tailoring your presentations appropriately. Working with the front office principal investments team will be a critical component of this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Report directly to the Director, Head of Valuation and interface directly with the investment teams, auditors and controls testers and senior management team members
- Maintain a deep understanding of the crypto industry and the Galaxy portfolio of investments
- Prepare complex valuations of on-balance sheet investments portfolio quarterly (80+ investments and growing); investments include:
- common stock, preferred shares, trust units, LP / LLC interests, convertible notes, warrants, SAFE’s, etc.
- Predominantly seed investments, Series A & B funding rounds
- Majority in the crypto space
- Once the team expands, manage one analyst, though not immediately
- Help develop, implement and upgrade controls and procedures
- 40 Act analyses
- Work closely with various front office and back-office teams
- Supervise valuations of purchased intangibles for future acquisitions
- Perform annual goodwill and purchased intangibles impairment analyses
- Special projects, as needs arise
What We’re Looking For:
- 5-7+ years’ experience in valuation (valuation, M&A, other financial analyses) with direct experience in valuing venture investments with complex capital structures.
- Outstanding technical knowledge of valuation techniques and ability to step back from the engagement results.
- In-depth technical knowledge in corporate finance, valuation methods and accounting (US GAAP)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments.
- Highly proficient in written and verbal communication.
- Sense of responsibility and professional behavior promoting teamwork
- Good interpersonal skills (with both clients and co-workers)
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- CFA charterholder
- Master’s degree in Financial Mathematics, Finance, Business Administration
- Experience managing a team