Galaxy is seeking a VP of Corporate Security to develop the overall corporate security strategy, policies, and standards to ensure the physical security and safety of all employees, executives, customers, and visitors to the organization’s facilities as well as the security of property and assets.
- Establish physical security policies and assessment and inspection protocols to review, identify, and mitigate any security vulnerabilities or gaps.
- Plan and prepare for crisis response, disaster recovery, evacuation, workplace violence, and other emergency or adverse events.
- Assess security systems (e.g., access control, badging, monitoring), cameras, alarms, and other physical security measures for effectiveness. Monitor for threats and respond effectively.
- Design and deliver company education programs regarding corporate security policies and physical security topics to ensure staff is adequately informed and equipped to manage relevant security issues.
- Participate in local, state, provincial, or federal working or advisory groups to keep abreast of all security-related intel, directives, and events.
- Provide daily situational awareness and intelligence to the broader security team. Report on trends and concerns. Escalate immediate concerns as needed.
- Lead and direct investigations and event responses in coordination with internal Legal, Security and business teams as well as law enforcement and other officials or agencies.
- Possess broad knowledge of law enforcement methods, tactics, and procedures.
- Plan and execute security plans and protection for special events.
- Provide and execute a comprehensive program for executive protection and travel security.
- Manage internal security staff, contract guard programs, and required security vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement, criminal justice, law, security, or related discipline preferred.
- 7+ years in law enforcement, intelligence, or related military occupations, including leadership positions.
- Proficiency with current corporate security technologies and 3rd party applications (e.g., access control systems, surveillance systems, etc.).
- Track record managing all or part of an end-to-end corporate (public or private) physical security program as a head of security or deputy.
- Experience working with guard programs and EP teams.
- Understanding of overseas environments and global situations desirable.
- Experience in financial services or tech industry preferred.
- CPP or PSP Certification desirable.
- Ability to travel to remote offices as needed.