We are looking for a Benefits & Payroll Manager to assist with our payroll and benefits processes and processing. Reporting to our Director, People & Culture and working alongside our Controller, you will be Figment’s expert on HR, payroll processes and administration, benefits administration, and compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Report to the Director, People & Culture & work with the Controller. Option to sit under HR or Finance is available during your tenure
- Administer payroll and benefits as required
- Utilize knowledge of various payroll software applications, benefits enrolment, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems to scale the company
- Action state registration & payroll practices including processing of off-cycle payments like commission, bonuses, expenses, child support, etc.
- Understand and action payroll implication to eligibility, enrolment rules and benefit selection
- Perform quarterly payroll reconciliation and payroll reports to the Finance department
Who you are:
- At least 5+ years of years of previous work in human resources, with benefits experience. Work experience should include knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance.
- Knowledge of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility, enrolment rules and benefit procedures
- Professional payroll experience is preferred (Canada & US)
- Experience with PEO, EOR, & HRIS systems
- Well-organized professional with excellent administrative and follow-up skills
- Strong work ethics
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects