As a Data Center Services (DCS) Engineer, you will be a critical enabler of our vision.
You build and support our on-prem private cloud as well as our Managed DFINITY Data Centers.
- Partner with DCS’s Team Lead and DFINITY’s team members to design, implement and operationalize and optimize services in support of our Data Centers.
Assist with the planning, installation, configuration, optimization, operation, and ongoing maintenance of the computers and global data centers.
- Oversee systems performance, the monitoring of equipment and the management of vendor relationships
- Continually monitor and assess utilization for capacity planning and process improvement.
Ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable
- Implements and monitors practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations, Service Level Agreements, and control requirements
- Participate in the analysis, selection and modification of enterprise system and application software
- Installation of network hardware/software and database management
- Provide direction and solutions to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems
- Ensure infrastructure architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility
- Coordinate delivery of services to user groups and ensure Data Center Services are uninterrupted.
Background and Skills:
- Demonstrable knowledge of open source and commercial virtualized infrastructure and required instrumentation and orchestration
- Considerable knowledge of network-based systems operations and maintenance, including a good understanding of protocols and tools necessary for effective resolution of maintenance requests and tracking operational processes
- Expert experience with technologies such as: Cloudstack, openstack, kvm, kubernetes, terraform, ELK, zabbix
- Extensive experience in building, operating and performing capacity planning for global data centers
- In-depth knowledge of the following: data center facilities management, backbone networks, server farms, large-scale storage area networks (SAN) and data center provisioning
- Strong technical and programming skills required to manage distributed Unix/Linux environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines and degrees of technical experience
Travel25% travel may be required
Listed in: , , , , , .