About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.About the roleThis is a senior leadership role supporting Kraken and its subsidiaries across the globe, reporting to the Global Head of Compliance. You will be part of our rapidly growing compliance team comprised of talented and motivated individuals from a variety of backgrounds, leading your own team of experienced compliance product professionals responsible for embedding compliance within Kraken’s product initiatives globally. You will be required to leverage your experience and expertise while at the same time challenging the norms and stale practices of the incumbent industry participants to identify ways to make Compliance at Kraken a competitive advantage over our competitors. This is an opportunity not only to ensure that Kraken is successful in a truly dynamic industry, but also to redefine how compliance should be done. The successful candidate will be able to navigate the regulatory uncertainty and changing policy positions of global regulators and governments while partnering with Product, Engineering and executive leadership to help chart a path that ensures Kraken delivers on corporate priorities while reinforcing our culture of compliance.
- Provide executive level leadership and problem solving skills to help Kraken successfully launch compliant new products in a highly fluid regulatory
- positive and influential relationships with Product, Engineering, and Business Development leadership to ensure that Compliance considerations are embedded at project inception across the
- expansion for new global product launches by scoping and communicating product and compliance
- Product teams on Compliance operational processes and regulatory requirements across several
- and lead a diverse team of Compliance Product professionals with an eye toward creative solutions and
- with and support the Chief Compliance Officer and the rest of the Compliance team in evaluating and communicating compliance and regulatory risks to internal stakeholders as well as external
- the drafting and ongoing maintenance of Compliance Business Requirements Documents and Product Requirements Documents for new product initiatives as they relate to
- to a strong culture of compliance at Kraken.
- Fluency in English required, additional languages a + years’ experience in Product, ideally in regulatory compliance and with significant experience in international
- experience in a previous regulatory or compliance managerial position at a banking, trading, payments, or fintech institution, hyper-growth fintech a
- of Global AML Compliance and Sanctions
- evaluating emerging products for compliance risk, working with Product and business colleagues to embed Compliance requirements in measured and appropriate
- to effectively communicate across multiple lines of business and senior management, including across technical and non-technical
- to quickly identify and understand complex problems, and to build internal consensus toward
- level presentation abilities, both verbally and using various
- to lead in a growing company environment with focused and hardworking
- attention to detail and strong problem-solving
- written and oral communication and/or passion for crypto preferred.
Location Tagging: #US # EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the know