About us:Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 250 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time. Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. GSR is looking for an in-house Legal Counsel to join our global organisation on a full-time is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. You will be instrumental in facilitating the growth of your business across the APAC and international jurisdictions, working closely with the Senior Management, Compliance and Business Development team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Business Development team by advising on customer deals, including drafting, reviewing & negotiating a variety of agreements(e.g. trading agreements /ISDAs, market making agreements, loan agreements, investment agreements).
- Advising on a wide range of legal matters, including regulatory, commercial, corporate, operational, and employment issues to support the firm's growth and business strategy.
- Managing the regulatory coverage for the firm’s trading activities, exchanges, and trading counter-parties in multiple regions.
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements, ensuring compliance with local labor laws and requirements.
- Providing legal counsel around matters of intellectual property, software licenses, and operational policies and procedures.
- Liaising with external legal counsel to obtain guidance and reach resolution on highly specialised legal matters, local regulation and licensing.
- General overall support to the legal & compliance team.
- 3+ years Post Qualification Experience at a major law firm or an in-house legal department in the financial services industry is required.
- Understanding of securities and derivatives law, with experience drafting and negotiatingISDA Master Agreements and options-based agreements.
- Experience with a variety of asset classes (e.g. credit derivatives, interest rate swaps,FX), with crypto-currency markets experience is a plus.
- Strong commercial awareness with good negotiation and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact well with internal and external stakeholders.
What we offer: A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office. Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks. A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days. Immigration and relocation support where required.GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at .