Security Engineer, SearchRemote
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online.
We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention.
And we’re just getting started.
Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web.
Millions more switch every month.
Brave is hiring a Web Application Security Engineer to help secure Brave’s business-critical web applications, including but not limited to Brave Search ().
Your work will directly impact the future of a privacy-first search engine used by millions of people.
This is a full-time role on our dedicated security team, although you will work closely with our fast-paced Search team.
We welcome remote hires as long as you have some overlap with European time zones.
- Ongoing security code reviews and security audits of Brave Search
- Triaging and fixing security issues as needed
- Participating in security & privacy feature-design and roadmap-planning as part of a cross-functional team
- Deep understanding of the web security model and web privacy threats
- Extensive experience with securing cloud infrastructure, especially AWS
- Frontend and backend web application development experience
- Security auditing experience
Nice to haves
We don’t expect anyone to have all of these additional qualities, but having one or two will probably help you work successfully at Brave:
- Experience or comfort working in public on an open source project on GitHub
- Ability to write clear technical documentation & specifications
- Familiarity with applied cryptography
- API design experience
- Passion for privacy, security, & anonymity
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out