About The Role
We are looking for new colleagues who are strong Senior level individual contributors. You’ll contribute to successful and growing blockchain products. We also have several new greenfield opportunities that you could be instrumental in getting off the ground, and making into a core offering in the product lineup.
- You are at a Senior or higher level in your current position. If you don’t meet all of the requirements but are at one of these career levels – you should still apply!
- We do not expect you to be a blockchain expert. Some familiarity is definitely a bonus, but we will help you get up to speed where needed. You’ll only be limited by how much you want to learn about Web3 technologies.
- You are currently located within the North American PST ↔ EST time zones.
- You have a strong Go background and track record of successful Go projects.
- You consider yourself a full-stack developer, with deep knowledge in certain specialties.
- You are capable of architecting your own solutions, factoring in maintenance, scalability and security concerns to your solution approach.
- You have owned complete features end-to-end – conception, breakdown, implementation, deployment.
- You are able to learn new technologies quickly and enjoy learning new things.
- You have a pragmatic outlook and work to resist bike-shedding on aspects that won’t alter the needle much. You strive for simplicity and maintainability.
- You have an appreciation for good written communication, and are fluent in both written and spoken English.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Software Engineer
- Full technical ownership of key features.
- Participate in technical specification design, technical roadmap, and implementation of the product.
- Work closely with Product Managers on the design and ideation of new features.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on all aspects of product development.
- Produce clean, performant, and well-tested Golang code.
- Design and implement APIs with a high degree of polish on developer experience.
- Achieve adequate unit & integration test coverage.
- Write feature specs and review teammate PRs.
- Able to comprehensively test your work with RSpec.
- Mentor junior developers on Golang development.
About The Work You Could Be Doing
- Designing and implementing new customer facing features on one of our existing products.
- Getting new greenfield product opportunities up and running from scratch.
- Adding additional agents to our internal agent-based workflow system.
- Expanding the capabilities of our staking & un-staking API product.
- Enhancing our internal command & control plane to reduce toil required for daily operations.
Working at Figment
Figment is a remote-first, globally distributed company. Our culture is centered around honesty, professionalism and risk-taking in a high-growth environment.
For this role we are focusing primarily on hiring people in the North American PST ↔ EST time zones. There are no core hours and teammates are trusted to focus on results and team velocity.
If you’re just outside those time zones, and are willing to make yourself available for a minimum overlap of 3hrs of between 9am-5pm with the PST time zone, and in general making yourself reasonably available for team coordination, we welcome you to apply!
You’ll be working in a lightweight Agile environment, with support from your Engineering Manager and Product Managers, with massive opportunities for autonomy and growth.
Figment fully expects to hire the best talent for a job, and let them have full autonomy and trust in being able to do that job to the best of their abilities with minimal management oversight. We also expect teammates to be able to help shape the team culture and working practices.
Your career development and professional growth is also a key cornerstone of how we grow people and invest in them, and you can expect active coaching and help on those aspects.
The Product Engineering Interview Process
Tech interviewing really sucks. We know. That’s why we try to go above and beyond on making sure that you have the best possible experience with us. We want you to have a great experience with us during the interview process.
- As we go through the interview process, we work to make sure you hear back from us in a timely fashion. If we decide there’s not such a good fit at some point, we’ll try to give you feedback on why we’re not going forward.
- Interview calls are not planned to go longer than 1hr. But, sometimes you’ll get in a good conversation and you both may agree to keep talking.
- We strive for the entire process to take around 2-3 weeks from initial screen to offer. There can be exceptions on either side of the bell curve here, but as a rule that’s the time-frame you should expect.
- Here’s the interview process:
- Screening call with Technical Recruiter.
- Interview with Hiring Manager for a specific team or set of teams.
- Very short technical take home test. These tests are designed to be fairly easy and quick to do, with the scope for you to really showcase your skills for the level you’re applying for.
- Interview with member of the team you’ll be potentially joining, going over your take home test and asking further questions that probe your knowledge.
- If all is well, you can an expect an offer at this stage. If it’s not clear-cut that we should make an offer we might add an additional interview here.