JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: United States and Canada only (TimeZone: Work Anytime )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $115 – $135 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week – Long Term, 6-month project
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We’ve onboarded some of the world’s most reputable brands and now we need a Senior ……… for one of our clients.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Scaling Ethereum Applications and Cross-Chain Finance
How to scale Ethereum applications in 2021? Harmony is a sharding protocol with a trustless Ethereum bridge.
Our developers use Ethereum tooling such as Solidity and Ether.js. Users use Metamask to store and they use our bridge to swap Harmony and Ethereum assets. We achieve 2-second finality for fast transactions and support 1000 delegating stakers for secure shards.
A cross-chain Uniswap port is already live on our mainnet. Similar to Layer-2 protocols, Harmony is now fully interoperable with the Ethereum ecosystem.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a team of exceptionally talented engineers (see our founding story), who live by the values of empathy, passion and excellence.
- You will be developing a high performance and scalable blockchain that will enable new decentralized economies through use cases like ai-data marketplaces, decentralized maps and many others.
- We are still at the early stage of blockchain or decentralized ledger technologies. If you strongly believe in this space, this is a unique opportunity to become a part of a pioneering project.
We are looking for hard-working Sr Protocol Engineers who, like us, are passionate about building a global-scale decentralized future. We’re looking for some of the following attributes in our next rockstar hire:
- MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+-years of relevant professional experience
- Interest/experience in building or researching scalable infrastructure or distributed systems.
- Passionate about decentralized ledger technologies
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Some projects you will focus on:
- Research on some of the critical issues in building high performance blockchain platforms.
- Work on designing and improving our core protocol architecture.
- Develop key capabilities of the Harmony blockchain
- Strong GOLANG experience a must, with at least 3+years of relevant experience
- Experience in distributed systems and P2P networking,
- Consensys experience/protocol and understanding of blockchain a big plus
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.