About the Role & Web3 Foundation Grants Program
We’re seeking an enthusiastic decentralized technologies developer to help our grants team in evaluating software developed by grantees as well as the technical merit of applications for grant funding. The Web3 Foundation is committed to distributing funding for the development of open-source software that will contribute to the Web3 technologies stack. We selected the projects to fund and support them in making progress on their milestones according to their roadmap.
Please see grants.web3.foundation for more background on the process in which you will be contributing to.
We are a lean team with a flat organization. This position is based in Zug, Switzerland. Remote work within Europe is possible.
- Make decisions on grant giving together with the Grants Committee
- Evaluate grant milestone delivery, including reviewing documentation, compiling their projects, and functional testing of these projects
- Liaise with the applying teams, in order to answer their questions and better understand their deliverables
- Liaise with relevant teams (e.g., legal, finance, collaborations, community building) at agreed points of the application process
- Contribute to the overall management and improvement of the grants program
- Work alongside other teams such as Technical Education and Research
- Knowledge and understanding of blockchain technologies and applications
- Technical ability to evaluate software implementation: setting up environments; compiling complex projects and their dependencies; reviewing and analyzing code
- Technical ability to test software: reading, writing and evaluating test plans; running and evaluating automated test suites; reviewing and testing functionality
- Ability to work in a variety of development environments and languages
- Approachable personality and clear communication style in English
- Experience with systematic evaluation of technology projects
- Experience with Substrate and proficiency in Docker
- Experience with Linux, and other Unix-based OSes
- Technical education experience (formal or informal)
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with many external parties
- Experience collaborating with technical teams in the APAC region
- Competitive compensation and employee benefits
- Opportunity to become an expert in the latest blockchain technologies.
- The opportunity to relocate to Zug, Switzerland
- A remote-friendly environment with flexible working hours
- Regular team and company retreats at unique locations around Europe
- Opportunity to work in a multinational, high-performance team with diverse backgrounds (i.e. physics, computer science, machine-learning algorithm design, legal, financial products, management consulting etc.)
To apply to this position, we invite you to answer a few questions in the application form, and to submit your CV and a cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your motivation to join us.
For more information about us, visit us on the:
- Web3 Foundation website:
- Polkadot website: